Friday, February 27, 2015

I Tortured Cooper Winter Tires



I am testing a set of winter tires from Cooper Tire to see how much benefit a driver in the snow belt will receive, and so far I have learned a lot. With lots of ice, slush and just plain freezing temps on clear roads, I have discovered why winter tires are a smart purchase. That said, I really can’t give a full review of these tires unless I get a chance to test them in real heavy winter conditions. As it happens, Cooper was holding a winter-tire testing event in Canada, and our tires were on the list of included products.


I asked if I could follow the team up to Canada to give the tires a good flogging on ice and snow, and they were more than happy to oblige. As a bonus I got a chance to test out a new all-season tire that is supposed to be nearly as good as winter rubber in the snow, I was able to test a more performance-oriented SUV winter tire, and I even learned how to drift a BMW on ice. If you remember the mayhem that happened the last time I got to be a tire tester, well, it happened again. This time we killed a Jeep though, not a Corvette.


Continue reading to find out more about the Cooper Tire Winter Tire Testing Program


I Tortured Cooper Winter Tires originally appeared on topspeed.com on Friday, 27 February 2015 17:00 EST.


read more










from Top Speed http://ift.tt/1vHt3eJ

via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment